Amazon now has more than 310 million active users all over the world, and this E-commerce platform sold products worth $51.04 billion in the first four months of 2018 alone!
What this should say to you is that there are some massive opportunities to make money on Amazon. But, growing revenue and profit on this platform is not as easy as it looks.
Thousands and thousands are selling on Amazon, and marketers continue going there to promote their products. How do you find a way to stand out from a literal sea of Amazon competition?
If your goods don’t show near the top when potential buyers are looking for something on the Amazon search box, there are minimal chances that they will ever see your product, much less buy it. Visibility is KEY for achieving success on Amazon!
But the question is, how you can get better visibility on Amazon?
That’s what we are going to talk about now.
In this blog, we are going to share some demonstrated Amazon SEO strategies to boost your search visibility and increase your sales this year.
But before that, let’s first talk about what factors matter in the Amazon Algorithm:
Amazon’s A9 Search Algorithm
There are 3 major ranking factors that Amazon’s A9 ranking algorithm follows:
- Conversion Rate(CR) – A conversion rate is the volume of visitors that your product listing gets compared to the number of people who buy. So graphics, consumer feedback, and cost are all major influences in conversion rate.
- Relevancy of Keywords – Relevancy has to do with the keyword phrases you choose to position your merchandise. Your product title and product description will play the major role in this, as the A9 Algorithm checks these first. And yes, uniqueness matters. A product can be ranked for many key phrases, but just a couple of keywords can make the difference with buyer intention. It is essential that you’re aware of different sets of keywords while you are researching your product.
- Satisfaction of Buyers -Customer satisfaction is another of the ranking variables that the A9 Algorithm uses to rate your products. Return rate and seller reviews are crucial parameters here.
You have to optimize products for all three of these factors if you want to make an effective SEO plan for your products. So you must continually focus on this algorithm to make your SEO strategy for Amazon.
Below are some simple, easy-to-follow tips that can be useful for increasing your Amazon sales in 2019.
- Optimize Products for Relevance A fantastic thing about optimizing the product for relevance is you won’t need to do a lot of hard work or spend a lot of time getting the relevance factors correct; you can actually do it pretty simply.Let’s talk about how we can optimize the product for relevance.
- Optimize Products for Conversions
- Product Image– Key Factor for Conversion You may have heard the phrase, “a picture is worth a thousand words” … this is absolutely accurate when it comes to America’s biggest product search engine, Amazon!According to research, products which have high-quality pictures have better conversion rates compared to products with low-quality pictures, so our suggestion is to use the best-quality images possible when listing your products. Amazon permits you to add multiple product pictures; the primary picture for the product you add is called the main picture of your product.
- Get More Reviews, Build More Trust The more positive feedback you get, the better your possibility of ranking higher in Amazon product search listings. Reviews are one of the most crucial elements for your Amazon SEO efforts!For example, when I’m shopping on Amazon, once I find a product that looks good, the very next thing I do is check the customer reviews for that product. If the reviews aren’t overwhelmingly positive, I click off and look for something else. And guess what? I’m not alone. The Amazon algorithm knows this, and that’s why they continually work towards weeding out reviews that are bogus.Positive customer feedback on Amazon products is social evidence that shopper’s value and it boosts buyer confidence when it comes to the prospect of them actually purchasing a product from you.Of course, earning consistently positive Amazon product feedback doesn’t come from a marketing strategy; you earn positive feedback by providing quality products and treating your customers really well. If your consumers are pleased with both your product and your level of customer service, then they will be much more inclined to post positive reviews!Here are a few intentional steps you can take to get more positive Amazon reviews:
- Provide consistently high-quality products
- Offer an engaging customer experience
- Provide prompt, courteous customer service
- Send follow-up emails after a customer makes a purchase from you, and don’t be afraid to ask for a positive Amazon review and star rating
- Also ask customers to share positive reviews and ratings on social media
- Work to Earn Amazon’s Choice Badge The E-commerce website has designed Amazon’s Choice badges for designated products to assist its users by narrowing down preferred selections and thus streamlining the user’s buying process. Amazon has kept their process for selecting products for an Amazon’s Choice label something of a mystery, but according to Amazon representatives it revolves around choosing products that are highly-rated by users, well-priced, ready to ship immediately, and that show up in the most popular searches on Amazon.While Amazon won’t say much more than that about it, what we can tell you is that if you’ll follow the basic strategies and tips outlined in this article, you should be much more likely to meet the criteria for earning an Amazon’s Choice badge for your product!
To sum up, here are some good Amazon SEO tactics in a nutshell:
- Choose a buyer-intent keyword for your product which also has high search volume.
- Optimize your listing for keyword relevancy.
- Optimize your images for high conversion.
- Optimize your product title and description.
- Earn more positive customer reviews.
Let Cibirix Digital Marketing Agency Help You Optimize Your Amazon SEO Rankings!
Following these simple tips can certainly help your business, but if you want to achieve sustainably high Amazon SEO rankings and online business growth, you really should partner with a professional digital marketing agency with expert SEO capabilities. Cibirix is here to help! We are the SEO experts, and we also offer a full range of web design and digital marketing services for each of our clients through constant innovation and thought leadership. We can get your business started on the right digital marketing path, and then we’ll walk with you every step of the way to ensure you stay on a successful path with SEO, web design and development, content marketing, and other digital marketing solutions that will continue to catapult your business forward. Reach out to us online, or give us a call today at !