5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs to Post Video Content
Videos, they are everywhere! You watch them on your phone for entertainment, you see them on your social media feeds, and you’ve probably searched for a “how-to” video a time or two. But when it comes to your own business, are you adding video content to your marketing efforts? If not, you’re missing out!
The numbers speak for themselves:
- 95 percent of consumers retain information through video. Just 10 percent of consumers retain their information from reading.
- Companies that utilize video content see a 41 percent increase in traffic through web searches compared to those that don’t use video.
- Experts found that video marketing offers a 51.9 percent return on investment.
- Businesses that use video see the yearly revenue growth by 49 percent faster than those companies that don’t use video.
Simply put, video is one of the most versatile and profitable digital marketing tools out there. Keep reading to find out what you can do to make sure you’re creating the best video content.
5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs Video Content
1. You will get noticed on the second largest search engine in the world!
Google may be the largest search engine, but YouTube comes in close behind. Think about it – where do you go to watch videos? The first thing that pops in your mind is probably YouTube, right? YouTube has over a billion users that watch 250 million hours of video each day. It’s where people go for “how-to” videos, to learn more about a product, or just to be entertained. So, why wouldn’t you want to get your company added to the long list of videos that are out there?
2. You can get ranked higher in the Google search
Did you know that Google actually owns YouTube? So, it’s no surprise that when you search for something, videos can sometimes be at the top of the search page over other types of content.
In fact, you will be 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of a Google search by adding video to your website. That’s a pretty big deal, especially since 75% of people don’t make it past the first page anyhow!
You see, if you embed videos on your website, not only are you getting ranked higher on Google, but the videos have a long shelf-life that can also help drive leads for years to come.
3. Customers will understand your product better
Your brand isn’t a static piece of paper or a still graphic, so bring it to life! With video, you can show what your product does or give customers a chance to see how something is put together. If customers see the product in action, then they are more likely to buy it.
Here are some more numbers from Vidyard.com:
- 40 percent of consumers who watch a video on their phone are more likely to purchase a product on their mobile device after watching the video.
- 64 percent of consumers are more likely to buy a product from an online retailer after seeing a video about the product on the website.
4. Show up more on social media feeds
Think about it: how much time do you spend on social media every day? And during that time, think about how often you share, reshare, or read something that someone else has shared? With videos, you’ll drive organic traffic and customer engagement by having your videos viewed and shared.
Snapchat, Facebook, and Instagram make it easy for people to share video clips of their lives and lets audiences experience it with them. So, why not do the same for your business?
Here are some engagement numbers that Impact found to back up the importance of videos on social media:
- Social videos generate 1200 percent more shares than text and images combined.
- Videos on Facebook increase end-user engagement by 33 percent.
5. Build Trust with New Customers
There’s no better way to add trust to your business or gain interest in your product than through a compelling story. You can record customer testimonials in person or have them send in a video you can use. This is a great way to have a real person explain why they love your company or what they like best about your product.
Tips for Nailing Video Content
Not all video is created equal! Now, that you know how important video is for your website and your digital marketing campaigns, you need to make sure you’re using the video correctly to get the biggest bang for your buck.
Here are some tips for producing the best video content:
• Post quality content
Although video is in high demand, be mindful about what you post. Don’t just slap up a video online for the sake of having something up on your website. A study found that 62 percent of consumers will have a negative review of a company if the video is of poor quality. So, make it count!
• Make it quick
We are all busy, right? So, when you’re posting a video, get to the point fast. Your video message should be quick and effective.
According to Visible Measures:
- 20 percent of viewers will click away from a video in 10 seconds or fewer.
- 45 percent of viewers will stop watching a video after just one minute.
- 60 percent of viewers will stop watching the video two minutes into it.
• Try video in an email
Busy people often prefer a quick video to grab their attention. Here are some more numbers to back this up:
- If you use a video in an email, you can increase the click-through rates by 200 to 300 percent.
- 60 percent of Millennials would rather watch a video than read a newsletter.
So, before you start writing that long company newsletter or creating a graphic for your website for a sale that’s going on, try adding a short video and see how that works.
• Don’t be afraid to experiment with social media
Think about the social media channels that are available and how you can add a video on them to help promote your company. For example, can you help grow interest in your business by posting behind-the-scenes stories on Instagram, or what about teasing a new product on Snapchat before the official launch? What about a mini-series or a how-to segment on YouTube showing how your product is made?
Don’t be afraid to experiment to find the social media platform that works best for your company.
The Best Digital Marketing with Cibirix
Let’s face it: if you’re not using video on your site, then a large percentage of your target market isn’t finding you when they search. Or if you aren’t using video in your marketing campaigns, then you could risk losing customer engagement. The tips we mentioned can help get your business on the right track to maximizing your exposure. If it seems a little overwhelming, we can help! Our expert digital marketing team can evaluate your site and see how video can help add customer engagement and increase sales. We are just a click or phone call away from your company seeing quick results. Don’t wait, start getting on the front page of the Google search and get noticed with video. Call Cibirix at (336) 415-3534 for your FREE consultation.
Alena Aldrich is a Content Writer for the Cibirix digital marketing team. She brings over a decade of experience in news writing and producing marketing content. In her role at Cibirix, Alena partners with clients from all over the world to provide quality digital marketing content. When Alena isn’t writing, she loves going on adventures with her daughter and spending time outdoors.