Why Creatively Crafted Words Are Your Way to the Bank in the New Internet Economy?
Have you ever pondered over what you’re saying, how you’re saying it, and – perhaps most importantly – why you’re saying it? If you want to succeed in today’s digital marketplace, you need to be creating content that’s truly remarkable. But how do you do that? The key is to start by answering the above questions, and then finding the RIGHT WORDS that will motivate people to take action.
Words are a genuine game-changer. Each of us speaks around 7,000 words per day, and the average American sends about 94 text messages per day. Compound that with the 150,000 messages that are sent per minute on Facebook, along with the 500 million tweets that are exchanged daily on Twitter. Do you think words matter much?!
You need to understand that words are the only direct source of communication you have with your brand prospects and customers across the web. Sure, there are other aspects of branding and marketing including graphics, logos & other symbols, and dynamic elements. But at the end of the day, your essential messaging really comes down to the words you use. No matter how you slice it, the words you use will impact your audience for good or for bad, so it’s critically important to choose your words carefully. This demands that you listen, pay attention, and really care about your target audience.
Read on to discover out how you can do just that!
First & Foremost, Determine Your Channel
Prior to creating any copy or content, it’s important to identify which medium or channel of communication you’ll be using. Each channel varies with respect to how the message should be conveyed. For that reason, consider planning for the channel to select the most powerful words to use. Are you planning to…?
- Create content for your website – informative content will do wonders!
- Draft copy for your email newsletter – copy that instantly grabs attention and leads to an open call-to-action will work!
- Generate your next social media post – brand-driven and action-oriented posts will always generate better results!
The list above is only a short sample; how you communicate through other channels is only limited by your creativity. You can always choose to create content in the form of blogs or articles, podcasts, videos, infographics and other graphical representations, etc. What else can you think of?
Keep Things Interesting
Now that your channel is decided, you must move on to discover which topics will be relevant to those who may be interested in the products or services you offer. Just make sure you’re using the right words to keep things interesting for the reader. You can…
- Generate suitable content by incorporating words which speak directly to the reader in first- and second-person; for example, use “I,” “me,” “you,” and “”
- Use attention-grabbing words and phrases, such as “free,” “new,” and “limited edition” that will prod your reader to take the intended action more quickly.
- Create headlines and subject lines that generate curiosity, nodding towards an important “secret” that will be revealed in further content.
Use Powerful Keywords
Google displays and ranks unique words and phrases that are commonly typed into the search box. Therefore, using keywords that are commonly “catchy” will make the audience want to click on your article, or on the specific content you’ve created for your product or service. Just be sure to…
- Draft the content around the most-used terms in Google searches.
- Avoid overstuffing the keywords in the content.
- Get to know search engine algorithms and general best practices.
- Use long-tail keywords.
- Use synonyms and other word variations in your content.
Engage Readers with Emotions
As much as we try to approach things with logic, humans are still emotional creatures. Emotion-centric content always helps to drive the reader’s attention. Bear this in mind if you really want to get inside the heads of your audience. If implemented properly, this strategy can really provide you with some exceptional results. You’ll have to…
- Become aware of the fears that help grab and hold a reader’s attention.
- Don’t just rely on fear; tap into positive emotions that motivate as well.
- Incorporate the flow of emotions into your writing.
- Intentionally choose power words that will arouse the emotions.
Timing Is Everything
Keep this caveat in mind, too – even the right words can fail to make an impact if spoken or written at the wrong time! It’s important to try and capitalize on proper timing for everything. To do so…
- Provide effective content that clearly communicates your intent in an engaging fashion. Along with your body of content, be sure to include proper calls-to-action.
- Plan the right cadence of social media posts, blogs, and landing page content to publish each month.
- Know the best times to post, so you’ll be most likely to attract the attention of your audience at the right time.
In Conclusion: Spilling Creativity Will Always Get You There!
Every time you take the time to use the best words and phrases, you increase your chances of connecting with prospects and forming long-term customer relationships through your digital channels. Pro tip: Harness the power of words to your advantage with intentional word selection and placement. With the right words, the tide of your brand tide will always be high, and so will be your brand revenue.
Realistically, you can’t expect to learn everything there is to know about content marketing in a day. Or worse, maybe writing really isn’t your thing to begin with. Either way, the expert team at Cibirix Digital Marketing Agency is here to help! We’ve come alongside many businesses to help them reach their marketing goals, and we can help you find greater success, too! You can reach out to us online, or simply give us a call today at (336) 415-3534 to get started!
Richa Mukati serves Cibirix as a Brand and Content Strategist, where she’s passionate about how creative concepts and targeted marketing messages can create positive, game-changing images for our business clients among their intended audiences. How does Richa help make this happen? She wields a crisp, compelling business sense that is backed by sharp, strategic thinking which aims for the target of meeting desired market success for our clients. Richa has extensive experience in marketing communication, and clients continue to seek her advice and trust her branding and content strategies which have resulted in measurable results. When not hard at work developing brand and content strategies, Richa enjoys meditating and binge reading.