Google is among the best-known, most reliable platforms in terms for generating leads, phone calls, user visits to your website, sales, and just better general brand awareness for your business – regardless of whether or not you’re an eCommerce provider.
Ready to learn more about how you can start generating leads for your local business by taking advantage of Google ads?
Ads on Google can feature your specific business location(s), and help prompt users to actually call or visit your location(s). When people search for nearby businesses on Google.com or Google Maps (for example, “steak restaurant near me”), they will see local search ads that speak exactly to what people are searching for.
Here are some of the potential benefits of Google Ads
- Get seen at the top of Google.
- Connect with potential customers who are searching for the exact services you provide – meaning they’re already interested leads!
- Make use of simple tools to help you get started and create your own, personalized profile.
- Use the mobile app to be able to interact and communicate with customers and potential customers anywhere, anytime.
- Build consumer trust with the Google Guarantee.
- Pay only for the leads that are relevant to your business and the particular services you offer.
- Customers choose you first: You only hear from interested prospects who have specifically selected your profile out of all the rest.
- If you’re Google Guaranteed, you may also be listed as a local provider on Google Assistant. That’s an extra benefit you gain, at no extra charge!
When you pay for ads
You’ll be charged a standard cost-per-click (CPC) for local search ad clicks in the following categories:
- Get location detail clicks
- Get directions clicks
- Mobile clicks-to-call
- Website clicks
How it works
Local campaigns are focused on simplicity, effectiveness, and helping to drive your offline business goals. You simply provide the store locations, campaign budget, and ad assets. Using these inputs, Google’s machine learning technology will automatically optimize bids. The result is maximization of visits to your business location, including promotion of your services and locations across Google’s vast network of assets.
Where your ads can appear
Your ads will be eligible to appear on all of Google’s many properties. This includes the Google Search Network, Google Display Network, Google Maps, and YouTube (which is also owned by Google). And just to put the importance of YouTube into perspective, it happens to be the second-most visited site in the world, behind only Google itself!
Here’s what you need to do to start getting leads from Google Ads for Your Local Business –
- Claim Your Google My Business Page: Google My Business is a free service which allows you to keep your business information updated across Google Search and Google Maps. With Google My Business, you can make sure customers are seeing all the correct information, including your business description, hours, phone number, and more. It offers you the ability to help control how your local business is seen, so that you can present it in the best possible way.
- Use Call-Only Campaigns: Even if Google Ads hasn’t been a tool in your advertising arsenal up until now, the opportunity it presents for generating more leads via paid search is enormous for local businesses. Getting people to actually call your business for more information is of particular benefit to local storefronts.
- Make Your Contact Information Clear, Including Call Extensions and Locations: In order to include your location extensions, you’ll have to link your Google My Business account to your Google Ads account, if you haven’t already done so. You’ll be given an opportunity to do this whenever you try and add an extension within Google Ads.
- Make Sure That Your Location Targeting is Correct: You’ll want to ensure that your advertising is actually reaching people within your relevant service area, and Google can help you to do just that.
- Target the right keywords: This is very important as a local business. If you’re a small business, your ad budget is probably stretched thin as it is. For this reason, you’ll want to be sure and include keywords that actually help – and not hurt – your business to be found.
- Use Location Ad Extensions: In the minds of potential customers, “local” is equated as being more convenient, more friendly, more beneficial to the local community, etc. In other words, being seen as local can be a huge advantage over your competitors.
- Optimized Landing Pages: A dedicated, optimized landing page can have a dramatic effect on two critical elements of your ad campaign – Conversion Rate, and Quality Score.
If you’re ready to help your local business grow, and are ready to start promoting your business more effectively online, check out the many ways Cibirix can help you to achieve your goals. And if you have any specific questions, feel free to reach out to us directly here!